Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Non-typical Schemes

To start with, Happy New Year! I hope 2013 brings everyone a little more happiness!

In this first post of the year I thought I would give an update on a couple of projects. Last months not-so-mystery engine BN 7890 has rolled out of the shop. This was one of two Liquid Natural Gas engines BN experimented with. All it needs now are couplers, a front windshield wiper (ran out unexpectedly) and a decoder install. This was a fun project and I hope the new owner likes it.
 The matching LNG tender will be coming too, I still have a little more work to do on that...
An engine I'm very happy with is my latest BNSF unit, BNSF GP38-2 #2050. This is the only Smurf on the BNSF roster that started life as a Clinchfield unit (CRR GP38 2007). I'll be using this engine at the SCXY-BNSF Hinckley interchange with one of my GP39Es until I build some GP28Ms. I still need to add the yellow MU cables, one mirror, front wipers and airhoses. This one will also be getting a sound decoder as I will be going that route with more of the engines. Sound adds so much.
 This engine started as an Atlas CSX GP38, I extended the dynamic brakes and shortened the airbox. I'm a couple details short of done, but I thought it was close enough to show off.

1 comment: