Monday, September 3, 2012

Heritage Units

Well, not exactly Skally Line Heritage Units, but a pair of engines painted in the BNSF H1 paint scheme.

The SD9 is going to be numbered ILSX 202, to take the spot vacated when ILSX 1344 was renumbered. This engine is based off of ex-BNSF 6158 that I photographed in the metropolis of Hills, MN.
 I still need to number it and add reporting marks, but I am making progress.
ILSX 1338 is based of the a newly acquired ILSX SD40-2. This engine is currently being leased with the real ILSX 1344 to the E&LS while E&LS GP38 400 is in Bethel at the ILS shops getting some work done. Once I get the decaling done I can finish the cab details and start final assembly.
 You can see the prototype in this fantastic shot by Jim Elbe in Howard, WI.

No comments:

Post a Comment