Saturday, December 31, 2011

ILSX 201

I caught 2 of the three "Blue Brothers" running a mixed freight down the Skally. ILSX SD40-2 201 was leading the way for the first time so I thought I would grab a couple pics. This is another EX-SLRG (ex-SP) unit. The Mars light was removed from the cab before ILSX took possession. I bet that would have gotten the deer jumping!This is a Kato Mid-Production SD40-2 I added Sunrise SP Lights to front and rear, I gave it BLMA cut levers, grab irons, lift rings and fans (I love see through fans). I painted the body Conrail Blue to match ILSX 1344 and 203. The trucks got a shot of silver and the rest was Engine Black. I equipped this one with a DN163K1C decoder to get the full brightness from the lights. A light weathering was done with chalks.

No comments:

Post a Comment