Sunday, July 31, 2011

QTTX 130702

I got a report there was a special move headed from Rush City up to CP's Rice's Point Yard in Duluth, do I decided to intercept it at Sandstone. I wasn't disappointed. ILSX 1344 was leading the Northbound Extra, pulling only three cars. Sandwiched between a pair of gondolas was QTTX 130702. Word on the Skally is that the Horizon Mill is getting a new transformer and the depressed center flat car was brought in to haul the high and wide load.ILSX 3109 was idling on the rear, I'm taking a wild guess that this SD40-2 will be on point for the return trip.QTTX 130702 is an N Scale Kits model I recently put together. The kit is nicely cast all in metal. I had to add some BLMA grab irons above the supplied stirrups. I also MT-1023 body mounted couplers and BLMA 100 Ton trucks. The decals are Micro Scale from various sets (making the Q was the biggest challenge). Weathering was a mix of spray paint and chalks.

No comments:

Post a Comment