Thursday, July 2, 2015

Silicon Valley FreemoN at NSE

I had the great pleasure at NSE of hanging out with and running trains with the Silicon Valley FreemoN and Sacramento FreemoN groups. I had been planning on brining a couple of modules, but the space they were given at the show was pretty limited, so I will take the Skally Line to NorCal next time. A special thanks to Steve, Ryan, Rick, Spuds, Eric, Lawrence and the rest of the crew. A fantastic group all around.
 From Lockhart, Texas with it's cool operating crossing gates to Wye Knot, the layout looked great.
My eldest sister should get a kick out of the construction site by the CalTrans Station. Cool mirrored buildings!
 Passenger trains ruled the day, but there was a fair amount of freight traffic too.
The scenes varied from scenic to urban and they all flowed well together.
 I wish my photos did the layout justice.
Again: thanks to the FreemoN guys for the great hospitality. I'm looking forward to meeting with them all next time. Check them out at http://sv-free-mon.org/ or search for them on Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Gallifrey Technologies!

    Their layout is quite cool. I especially like your lat picture - it captures the "area" they are modeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these photos Karl. SV FreemoN always has a great looking layout and often with more modules. All 4 of the layouts at the convention had to get a bit smaller due to space limitations.

    ReplyDelete