Saturday, March 8, 2014

MNN 424053

Locomotive progress is almost non-existent right now. That will change in the coming month as I transition locomotive building operations to Nevada. What I did get done this weekend was a stripping and re-decaling of a BNSF covered hopper. The hopper started out as an Intermountain large logo BNSF ACF 4650 3 Bay hopper. I had to remove the reporting marks and the large shield logo. I replaced them with the small shield logo, stripes style reporting marks and a MNN patch. I let my daughter pick the graffiti for this one, she has a funny sense of humor.
For the patched I used HO Scale black number boards. The ends were N scale. The letters and numbers came from a MicroScale stencil set and the shield was from a MicroScale BNSF hopper set.
Here is a shot I took in Crookston of the prototype. I still need to weather mine, but I'm happy with the start of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment