Tuesday, November 29, 2016

The November Break

In November I have to start making sure I take days off, before New Years hits. I took advantage of the time to make some Skally progress.
I've been working one end of the line to the other... in Rush City I added the roof to the engine house. I need to add some details and then paint it up. I also weathered all the new flour cars, so they don't look so... new.
 I added some sidewalks to 4th St. Now I need to fill in the park and add an artillery piece.
I forgot to mention I also started the electrical substation that sits just North of the Ardent Mill.
 I added the newest customer on the line, Interstate Energy. The LPG cars are already off-loading.
 I scratch built the unloading racks. I'll go back an spruce the scene up later, but it works for now.
 I finally made it back to the Rock Creek bridge. Sorry for the bad exposure on the shot. I hope to get some track permanently set soon on this one.
Tiller, or should I say "Titan-Lansing" now has started to materialize. I mocked up the sand sorting and cleaning tower (to scale) out of foamcore and I built the loadout shed (out of styrene). The construction trailer is there to remind me to finish the scene...
Lots of progress, but nothing done, so it goes.

5 comments:

  1. Every little bit helps... it's starting to fill in very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I've come to realize that building a layout doesn't happen in giant leaps and bounds, but it does happen one little bump at a time.

      Delete
    2. Exactly. I've come to realize that building a layout doesn't happen in giant leaps and bounds, but it does happen one little bump at a time.

      Delete
  2. Do not rush it Karl just take your time and enjoy the journey.
    Rod.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking really good, Karl, the detail on the tank car spots is awesome, can not recall seeing a wind sock in N before!

    Rick

    ReplyDelete