Monday, June 16, 2014

N Scale SCXY 1325

There is a great quote on government spending from the movie Contact. Don't worry if you didn't see the movie, it wasn't that good. The quote applies very well to model railroading as well: "Why build one when you can have two at twice the price?"
And so it goes with the new Skally engines. I figured why not build both the SD40M-2s at the same time? The details are a little different, but the paint and decals are the same. I still need to do some more research into SCXY 1325, to make sure I get the details right, but I had a couple of photos to work from already.
The 1325 required the same upgrade to the dynamic brake housing as the 1326.
The nice thing is that the 1325 has the same brake configuration as the Kato model, so I didn't have the work to do there that I did on the 1325. I still have to fill in the rear number boards and shave off the rear class lights.
I still need to get some overhead shots to verify grill, AC and airhorn types, but I will get those pretty soon. I figured this was a good start to the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment