Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Franken-40

Spare time has been non-existent lately, so modeling has been a little difficult. I was able to widdle a little time the last couple of days to get going on my next engine, ILSX 1337. This is an ex-SOO, ex-CP 778 unit that is up in Holt, MN at the ILS shops right now.

To get the model closer to correct I started with a Kato Mid-Production SD40-2, I chopped the rear off and transplanted part of a Kato Early SD40-2 long hood. This eliminates the dynamics and gives the correct radiator grills all in one step.

I modified the nose by adding the brake ratchet off of a GP9 in place of the Mid-Prod. brake wheel. The winter hatch is a Miniatures by Eric piece. Now on to grab irons! I will post more pics before I paint this one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment